Seeking extra comfort on your trip to the Uyuni Salt Flats?
On this 3-day tour, a local guide will take you to all the top sights in the Bolivian salt flats region, and you’ll enjoy 2 nights at the best hotels in the area. While most tours to Salar de Uyuni include very basic accommodation at hostels, this tour guarantees two nights in a luxury hotel with heating, private bathrooms, hot showers, and a gorgeous mountain view.
On this comfortable and relaxing experience, you’ll have ample time to explore the Uyuni Salt Flats, a natural spectacle that no picture can do justice. The tour also includes excursions to Isla Incahuasi, where you can get a 360 view of the flats, the Morning Sun Geyser, natural hot springs, colorful lagoons, and more.
This is tour is a great option for those who want to see all the top attractions around the salt flats, but prefer a more comfortable travel experience over the rugged options typical on tours to this area.
- Visit the incredible Salar de Uyuni, the largest salt flat in the world.
- Travel to Isla Incahuasi and the Morning Sun Geyser, among other top destinations in Bolivia.
- Stay in the best accommodation in the salt flats region and enjoy the special attention provided on a fully-private tour, if you choose.
Day 1: Travel from Uyuni to a breathtaking outlook point over the salt flats
- Heading out at 10 am, a guide will pick you up from your chosen starting point in Uyuni and take you to the eerie Trains Cemetery. You’ll then see how salt is processed in Colchani.
- Hike to the top of Incahuasi Island for 360 views of the salt flats and incredible surrounding landscape.
- Before heading to the hotel for the evening, the group will visit the Museum Chantani, an outdoor space filled with artifacts and sculptures crafted by a local Bolivian.
Accommodation: Tahoua hotel
Day 2: Visit the region’s top sights and learn about the local community
- Leave early in the morning to visit Ojo de Agua, where you can see water welling up over the crust of the salt flats. Then, see Cerro Catedral Chiquini, a towering mountain that looks like it belongs on another planet.
- In the afternoon, visit other must-see attractions, such as the Chiquini Cave, Campanas Islands, Corrales de Charagua, Yonza Canyon, and Pueblo Quemado (a small village). The tour will stop by tonight’s accommodation to enjoy lunch.
- Afte lunch, visit the some of the region’s brightly-pigmented and otherworldly lagoons.
Accommodation: Tayka del Desierto hotel
Day 3: See geysers and unique wildlife. Enjoy the relaxing hot springs before return to Uyuni
- Today’s activities begin at 6:30 am with a trip to the Stone Tree, a strange rock structure. Then the group will head to Laguna Colorada, where you can spot flamingos wading the red waters.
- Visit the Morning Sun Geyser and then take a dip in the Termas de Polques (natural hot springs).
- Next, the group will go to Laguna Verde, another desert lagoon well-known for its unusual pigment. After a long day of excursions, the guide will take you back to Uyuni (around 19:00).
- 2 nights accommodation in luxury hotels (including heating, private bathrooms and hot water)
- All transport required (4×4 vehicle with oxygen tanks (if needed for altitude sickness) and satellite phone for emergencies)
- All meals, except dinner on the second night
- Logistical support
- Guide (Spanish or English speaking available)
- Entry fees to the parks
What’s Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Drinks during meals
- Dinner on the second night
- Other personal expenses
- Cancellation policy: We must pay the hotels to secure the reservation, so 80% of the payment is final; the booking can be cancelled for a 20% refund up to two weeks before the start of the tour.
- There is space for 6 passengers in the vehicle. If you would like an English speaking guide, note that there will only be space for 5 other passengers. If you are a group of more than 5 people and would like an English speaking guide, you will need to book 2 vehicles.