Embark on a Jungle Boat Tour in Acapulco Bay
The Acapulco Bay region is a paradise of flora and fauna, a real must for nature lovers. Drive along the coastline admiring coconut and mango plantations and learn about the local lifestyle. Cruise the lagoon in a typical boat, adopt and release a baby turtle, and have a delicious lunch on the beach.
- Adopt a baby turtle and release it into the Pacific Ocean
- Cruise in the Coyuca Lagoon and Acapulco Bay
- Admire exotic birds and local plants
- Enjoy a delicious local lunch
Duration: 6 hours
Start and end location: Acapulco
Availability: Year-round, daily
Right from the lobby of your hotel or cruise ship pier, your friendly and knowledgeable tour guide will pick you up with a sign with your name. The tour heads then south along the coast to the Coyuca Lagoon, approximately one hour from your hotel.
Before getting there, the tour will make a stop at a Sea Turtle Conservation Camp where, after hearing about their mission to preserve this endangered species, you will be able to release a baby turtle into the ocean.
Upon arrival to the lagoon, you will board a typical motorboat for a cruise of no less than one hour through the lagoon. This sanctuary is home to many species of exotic birds. During the cruise, you will see mangrove tunnels, virgin lagoons, and a natural garden of wild flowers. This is a rare opportunity to explore this type of tropical nature preserve.
Begin your tour admiring the mango trees, coconut and palm groves, as well as the delicate water hyacinths floating along the shores. There is a bird sanctuary that is home to gray and white herons, pelicans, marabous, storks, and more.
After the lagoon ride, you will go for lunch where you will savor the internationally-renowned “Pescado a la Talla,” Charcoal Chicken, or another Mexican dish. “Pescado a la Talla” has become a must for travelers visiting Acapulco. After lunch, you can walk along the lagoon or go to the ocean beach which is within walking distance.
- 1-hour boat ride
- Purified bottled water
- Lunch: chicken, fish, Mexican snacks, drinks
- Non-alcoholic drinks, purified bottled water
- Round-trip transportation in an air-conditioned van
What’s not included
- Alcoholic beverages (beer, wine, etc.)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Pickup time is at 12:00 pm if your hotel is located in Acapulco Bay and 11:30 am if it is located outside Acapulco Bay. The price will vary depending on the location of your hotel.
- The tour will be private if your group has 6 people or more. All passengers pay the adult fare.
- This tour has a minimum of 2 people. If you have fewer than 2, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to find a group for you.
Coyuca Lagoon, Acapulco, Mexico