Recycled Confetti Purses
- Find recycled confetti (soda, crackers, chips wrappers)
- Select which wrapper works best (depending on the texture)
- Fold each wrapper in 4 parts
- Fold vertically in the middle (longer side)
- Take each side and fold into the inside of the wrapper
*paper should look like a strip*
- Fold the strip of wrapper in half
- Take the sides and fold into the inside of the wrapper
*end result should look like a paper boomerang*
- Take folded wrapper and place them inside each other to form a chain
*make as many chains, depending on the purse size*
Sewing (Nylon Thread and Needle)
- After forming a confetti chain, connect the two end pieces to each other and sew together.
- Sew inside each wrapper opening in zigzags to connect the pieces
- Connect the other confetti chains on top of each other to build up the purse’s height and sew in zigzags.
- Place a confetti chain on the bottom of the purse and sew together.
- Sew a piece of cloth for the inside of the purse and zipper to the top.
Viola, a Recycled Purse!
Plastic Bag Crochet Purses
- Recycle plastic bags
- Cut the handles and bottom part of the plastic bag
- Fold the bag again in 3 or 4 parts, leaving an inch of one hanging
- Cut the bag horizontally up until the hanging inch
- Open the bag and cut in zigzags forming a long thread
- We use this thread to crochet bags into our own designs